When you first click the Admin tab you have various sub headings to select, as follows:
When ‘Asset’ is selected, you will be presented with a drop down list of your assets. Within this screen various changes can be made under each of the available headings, and this is also where an asset can be moved between depots if the end user has a multi depot set up.
By entering an email address in the correct field, alerts can be triggered by date for any of the criteria shown 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks prior to the date selected.
By entering the service date and time, the odometer reading will calculate the current odometer value by adding all journeys since that date and time to the entered figure. If the next service interval is entered with an email address, then an email notification will be sent when the service is due. If required the odometer column can be displayed on the Live Screen, but you will need to request this from Support on 1-855-267-8725. The odometer only updates every time a journey is completed, and is not live during a journey.
The driver tab allows the input of specific driver details and incorporates an email notification when a license is due to expire. A picture of their license can be uploaded onto the system.
The next tab in the Admin section is System Admin.
This function allows the end user to stop any asset from reporting to the live site. This could be that an individual has requested that they use the car personally for a holiday and do not wish to be tracked for that period, for example. Please note that if this function is used, the data is not retrievable as it will no longer be sent by the device.
By setting the working hours in this admin screen, it facilitates the use of the inside/outside working hours report. These can be altered at any time.
Within this screen are the default alerts. To configure each alert, simply click the magnifying glass icon and it will present the set up screen. When values are set up, they will appear in the email and SMS boxes.
- Idle – when the engine is running and the asset hasn’t moved for 3 minutes it will trigger an idle alert.
- Out of Hours – when setting up this alert you enter a start and finish time per day. Any start outside of these hours will trigger an alert. If you wish to select the whole day as no working select 00:01 to 00:02, thus making the whole day outside of hours (i.e. a Saturday).
- Over Speed – the device has a pre-configured over speed programmed into it. This alert can be set to notify as required.
- Power Loss – depending on the device installed, this can be configured so that when a device is removed from a power source you are notified.
- Shield Breach – this is when the vehicle detects that it is moving, but has no ignition present. The GPS detects movement of greater than 50 Meters in one minute, so will report on a 1 minute cycle until movement is less than 50 Meters per minute.
- Unauthorized Waypoint – this alert can be set by vehicle to specific waypoints. You must select the waypoints from the list that are not authorized locations. If a vehicle reports a start, stop or idle within the selected waypoint it will trigger the alert.
- Waypoint Entry – this is triggered by any event within the waypoint selected.
- Waypoint Exit – this is triggered by any event that reports being outside of the specified waypoint once the asset has reported being within it.
- Waypoint Visit – this alert is only triggered by a start, stop or idle event within the selected waypoint.
When selecting ‘User Access’ there is two options:
All fields marked with a red star must be completed; if an expiry date is not entered it will default to 2099. Any field with a tick means that you can see the depot or asset or use the functionality that it applies to. Remove the ticks to remove the access. Once completed click Save. If a user can see all assets within a depot and a new device is added, it will automatically add this to the user’s profile. If the user is restricted to vehicles, a new vehicle must be added manually else it will not appear.
If the system rejects the login or password, it’s because it’s already allocated within the database. Please enter an alternative and try again.
Edit User is exactly the same as creating a new user, but details are pre-generated for editing.
When selecting POI there are two options: manage POI and POI groups. POI stands for ‘point of interest’. Unlike a waypoint, it has no radius alerts or reports associated to it, and is simply a point on the map. To display the POI’s on the Live screen select the Layers Icon.
Then click the red section next to POI to turn it on and display the pin. Do the same with display labels to turn on the display of the POI name tag.
To create a POI select Manage POI’s, and you will be asked to search or create new:
Once a POI is selected, it can be edited or a new one created:
POI’s can be grouped by colour. These groups can be managed from the POI Groups tab:
Group names can be edited by changing the name field and selecting save.
A waypoint is a geographical ring fence that when an asset reports within that area, we add to the location field the waypoint name. Once created we can report and alert against them.
By selecting ‘Manage Waypoint’, the end user can select existing waypoints from the grid on the left and edit the information, manipulating it by extending the shape parameters. A new POI waypoint can also be created by looking up a postcode, clicking on the map, completing the name details and selecting the associated group.
The waypoint groups can be re-named in the Waypoint Group tab.
To create a new depot or manage existing depot information, select the depot tab. You can select an existing depot or create a new one. If you create a new depot, assets can be added from the Admin>Asset> Select an Asset.
To move across, use the drop down menu to select the new depot you have created. Remember users may have to be edited to see this depot.
The ‘My Account’ tab holds the key contact data for operational matters and invoicing. It is the end users responsibility to ensure that these are kept up to date, as this is where responses to Support requests and invoices will be issued.